Thursday, January 1, 2009

Loneliest blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2009
(Continued from yesterday's blabber)

There are days though when I haunt myself with questions about the insanity of having to write blog entries when I have no idea whether there are readers out there who would bother to read stuff they most probably don't care about. I sometimes persuade myself to think that there are Filipinos like myself who might be in the same situation and would be glad to know that some other guy has a bigger problem. But really, I need to remind myself as well that I am blogging primarily to keep myself on track regardless of whether anyone gets to read my thoughts.

I've to admit, however, that a month of blogging has developed in me a thirst for interaction, which I could never get under the circumstances. I've visited a number of blogs that are so popular to the point that the blogger actually interacts with visitors and (this one surprises me most, me being so clueless about the blogosphere) friendships are created. How can two strangers actually become friends on the Net? Sabagay, a lot of desperate people (maybe not desperate, forgive me) have struck serious relationships over the Internet and these have blossomed into marriages.

Okay, where was I?

I want interaction on this space and I've got an idea how others have succeeded in it. But I simply don't have the time to do that. After all, this diversion isn't expected to earn extra.

But hey, a few days of trying to get some traffic to this site and maybe some interaction has taught a few petty things (I call them petty because, really, those are non-essentials to me) about blogging. Like I can install visitor counters and it's for free. Like how to install some buttons that allow readers to subscribe to my pages (again, as if anyone cares).

If you're reading this, break an egg on my head to wake me up from my delusion.

Or you can just tell why my entries simply don't connect with you.

.........................................................................................................
First time to visit this blog? You'll have a better idea of what this blabber is all about if you click on previous entries below.
  1. I bought a house
  2. A cheque for 4million ++ pesos


whoawhoawhoa, wait.

Happy New Year!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well... just to let you know, nilagay kita sa favorites ko.. me and my husband is also planning to buy a house or a condo this year kapag nagbakasyon kami.. yun eh kung makakaipon kami, inshallah!

just keep on posting your thoughts dhil I can totally relate.

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi, happy joy.

Salamat. And if you guys plan on buying a condo back in Manila, better do it fast because when I become rich I will buy all the units available (at least those by reputable developers) and then re-sell them at skyhigh prices. I'll be condo king. Lol.

Here's hoping the best for you and the hubby.

Uy, Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Hi from Chicago. Keep writing - I enjoy the posts. My wife and I are Pinoys who will retire in the PI and will either build a house or buy a condo, so your site and your experiences will be invaluable to us and others. We hope to retire early in the PI with less money than most Americans who retire, but at least we'll be able to retire and enjoy our lives before old age makes it more difficult to enjoy traveling. Keep up the good work - you write very well, which is more than I can say about most bloggers who don't seem to care about their audience. I wish you and your family the best and good luck with your new purchase.

Anonymous said...

Good to know that my blah about being a home buyer could actually serve to inform others. Thanks for leaving a comment, Vince, and here's wishing you and your wife the best of luck. I do wish the Philippines will be much more progressive when you finally go there for your retirement. It's not exactly the best place in the world, but I can still say we have retained that part of our culture that offers a smile to visitors and retirees (I suppose).

When you do build a house there or a buy a condo, make sure you do your research because right now the market is crazy, with developers taking advantage of the growing need for housing. There have been a lot of sad stories, but if you go for reputable companies you'd be safer than others. I chose the condo I bought chiefly based on the name of the developer which is also regarded as one of the country's (if not the top) contractors, but I'm not naming the company here lest I be accused of being its mouthpiece. By not naming the developer, I'm also free to criticize it with abandon if anything goes wrong.

I'd recommend to you and your wife a website called Money Smarts (affiliated with the Philippine Daily Inquirer) if you want to know hot issues on personal finance and investing in the Philippines. The author I suppose is also one of the editors of the newspaper and my research tells me she used to be a senior reporter at a Philippines business newspaper, which means she knows what she's talking about or at least she knows who to talk to in the corporate and financial world before she writes her blog postings. I will continue to write about my personal experience as a home buyer -- thanks for the encouragement -- as well as personal finance matters, but my writings will be purely based on experience and perception (a little bit of research when I've got the time).

Should you wish to subscribe to my feeds (in case you find this blog interesting to follow), you may click on the link on the Sidebar (right side of this page) or the link on the Navigation bar (above the header).

 
◄Design by Pocket