Sunday, January 11, 2009

Someone withdrew money from my account

Sunday, January 11, 2009
.
LISTEN UP, Mr. Frugality! This is the draft of my first State of My Republic speech.

Someone withdrew money from my bank account. And it's a welcome development as far as my personal goal of owning a house is concerned.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Add exclamation points. Yes. A few days ago I wrote: The money that I sent through a remittance firm is finally in my checking account waiting for the developer to collect as my first monthly downpayment for, uhrrm, my condominium unit in the Philippines. I made it. It was a long wait and it kept me on the edge of my seat because of the long holiday back home. The cheque was scheduled for clearing on Dec 30. My reliable sister-in-law deposited the money on Monday morning, according to the account details that I just checked through the bank's online banking site.

Today I've confirmed through online banking that the developer has already cleared the cheque.
The wife and I mumbled a little prayer. One cheque down, 156 more to go. It's a long journey from now and more belt-tightening steps ought to be discussed and put in place.

Frugality is a concept that remains a stranger and insists on living in our apartment. Every now and then, we all give this creature named Frugality a dagger look as he hovers among us during conversations, meals and family conventions in front of the telly.

I've reminded all citizens of my republic

...that Mr. Frugality is on a state visit here and everyone is expected to treat him with utmost respect. Not that I worship Frugality what's-his-last-name; I, the Head of State of my republic, will purchase that notebook computer (the First Lady agrees we need one) when the bank account shows a bit more leeway for extra expenses. The First Lady and I have decided, after a lengthy and medium-fire discussion, that the republic needs a notebook computer. The First Son needs it for school-related research work; the First Lady needs it to start blogging and; the Head of State needs it to sustain his site dedicated to keeping him on track in the family's financial goal.

Frugality is moping at a corner in the apartment. I will not assuage his pain. After all, he'd be furious if he learns how much we spent the last three days. On top of basic household expenses, we shelled out about $70 (US) on two paperbacks for the wife, undershirts and hankies for the son and other items frowned upon by the State Visitor. If Frugality calls for scrimping on matters directly related to basic and continuing education, I will not think twice about committing a diplomatic faux pax.

My republic's fiscal health isn't impressive, but it has met its financial obligations.

Back to Home

::: First time to visit? Read my earlier posts (Poor guy signs a cheque & I bought a house) or visit my library for a list of articles.

::: Wonder what that Money Hacker logo on the sidebar is all about? It's a network of personal finance sites. I applied for membership and obviously the group doesn't find this blog eligible. But let me keep the logo for a few more days. Looks cool, isn't it?

::: Site-hopping tracks: Ms Ellen (Kenji notified her of my comment and she posted in her blog. Thanks Kenj of thoughtskoto.blogspot); Hypen (Read only one entry and my jaw dropped. Didn't have time to establish if the blog is on his fiction work.); ...

7 comments:

Ken said...

hey condoko or PinoyXfat, I don't know which name do you prefer...hehe. Thanks for the visit in my blog. Thanks also for the mention your latest blog entry. (ah, pwede pautang para may pangdown din kami, kasi wala pa din kami lupa at bahay eh. hehehe, Buti ka pa!)

Im visiting this blog always. Ill link you in my sidebar.

PinoyXfat said...

Thanks a zillion, Kenji.

At di ako naniniwala na ala kang millones. Dahan-dahan ka lang dyan sa Saudi, baka maubos mo pera ng bansa nila.:)

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if I've included you already in my blog list or links (syensya na, ang bobo ko dito sa kalakalang ito). I will visit your blog again to see you've an email ad there; need to suggest something to you about some project I have in mind.

(I sign myself as PinoyXfat; di ko alam kung ba't yon ang napili kong pseudonym.)

Cheers, mate!

Ken said...

Salamat ulit ng Marami Pxfat. Thanks also for copying the Thoughtsmoto KaBlog Banner and posting it in your sidebar. My email address is located at the sidebar, or i guess it can be viewed in my profile.

Euroangel said...

wow congrats!! for a new condo!! that's a great investment...i'm happy to built a home in pinas last 2004 near the beach..kc ngayon talagang mahal na masyado ang mga materials!! double even triple pa ka mahal...

keep going!! thumbs-up.....frugality is always good!! good luck!!

salamat sa bisita kababayan!!

Anonymous said...

Where is that condo located? Maaabot natin yan balang araw. Balak ko din mag invest sa real estate pagdating ng araw.

abby villa said...

galing naman ng blog mo. naaliw ako! mahirap ngang mag ipon ha ha pero nakakarelate ako dyan sa paglulustay sa libro. challenge rin namang mag asawa...pang awat ko sarili ang: hiram ka na lang girl sa lib!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Abby.

I try to make light of my situation coz otherwise it will drive me nuts.
And recently the wife has taken up her non-stop reading habit again so we've got to have extra money for the books she likes to read. Nagreklamo sya a few days ago about running out of books to read.
Hey, I like your blog.

 
◄Design by Pocket