Wednesday, December 31, 2008

There's no money in blogging

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
.
So why should I keep doing this? Or am I wrong? Or maybe I've to remind myself what this is all about.

When I started this blog, I had no idea what positive contribution this would have on keeping myself on my toes in meeting my commitments to paying for the house that I bought in late November 2008. Today I still have no idea about how this could possibly be anything that would contribute in any way to my goal. The only thing I'm quite certain of right now is that this has helped me always bear in mind that I've made a serious commitment.

I don't know what it is about writing that makes me think it can help me maintain my direction. But so far, I can say that each time I write an entry I feel that it helps me to focus on my goal -- to finish paying for the condominium unit that I bought, and pay it in a shorter time than the financing scheme has alloted.

For one, it has kept me extremely aware of little things that I do that earn extra money that I could load into my bank account and keep the checking account sufficiently loaded and avoid bouncing cheques. I've been writing technical reports on the side to augment my regular income and that's the only thing I can do right now to earn extra. It takes a lot of discipline though to produce those reports and I've promised to write about it from time to time if only to remind me that there are extra tasks that I need to do to keep the family financially liquid.

There's one other thing that I clearly see as a positive result of starting condoko. It has encouraged me to spend a little more extra time surfing the Net for information that may help me understand my finances and my investment. And, oh boy, what an abundance of websites we have that con people to believe that they are the credible sources of information for people who have money to invest. Almost everybody turns out to be paid by this and that developer to endorse their projects. But there are websites that are truly meant to help readers educate themselves about investing. I've started a list of these sites and I will continue to add more to this list and I do hope others who stumble upon this blog will find it useful as well.

Now I'm surprising myself. Turns out I want to be a neighbourly Netizen. Lol. Is there such a thing? Being nasty to others seems to be more enjoyable on the Net these days.

To be continued
(Next: Loneliest blogger)
Back to Home
::: First time to visit this blog? You'll have a better idea of what this blabber is all about if you click on previous entries below.


::: btw, i found very good and some interesting reads on these sites.

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket